Can CCM MANAGE a Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Account (PCRA)?
In many cases, the answer is yes. You can check with your plan administrator or call Schwab and ask them if a 3rd-party manager can be added to your PCRA account via a LPOA.
If your company offers a PCRA option on your 401(k), Ciovacco Capital Management may be able to provide discretionary management of the PCRA using the CCM Market Model. Some company retirement plans allow for third-party guidance from a PCRA advisor or PCRA financial advisor.
Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Accounts (PCRA)
A Schwab Personal Choice Retirement Account (PCRA) is a self-directed brokerage account (SDBA) that resides within your employer-sponsored retirement plan. In addition to the choices typically offered by retirement plans, PCRA lets you invest in a much wider range of investments. Schwab is restricted from providing advice on PCRAs; however, your retirement plan may allow you to appoint an independent advisor.
Schwab Advisor Services is a leading provider of custodial, operational and trading support for independent investment advisors. Using Schwab as primary custodian, Ciovacco Capital Management, LLC has access to a wide range of products and support to help investors reach their financial goals, including:
- Full range of investment strategies and trading services
- Wealth management services
- Technology and service support
- Safeguards designed to protect assets
- Strict ethical business practices
PCRA Advisor For Self-Directed Brokerage Account
In a hypothetical example, if you worked for Company ABC and ABC offered a Schwab PCRA option on your 401(k), it may be possible for you to add a third-party investment advisor to manage your Personal Choice Retirement Account (PCRA). Examples of companies that may be offering PCRAs to their employees:
- Utah Retirement Systems PCRA
- Colorado County Officials and Employees Retirement Association CCOERA PCRA
- Oregon Savings Growth Plan OSGP PCRA
- City of Los Angeles PCRA
- Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds WI ETF PCRA
- Maricopa County 457(b) PCRA
- New York State Deferred Compensation Plan PCRA
- City of Austin 457 Deferred Compensation Plan PCRA
- Ohio PERS OPERS PCRA
- Texas Employee Retirement System TEXAS SAVER PCRA
- Woods Hole WHOI PCRA
- Arizona State Retirement System PCRA
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon Retirement Plan PCRA
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation Program PCRA
- City of Glendale PCRA
- New Mexico Deferred Compensation Plan PCRA
- Sacramento Metro Fire District 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan PCRA
Self-Directed 401(k) Financial Advisors / Managers
Many companies are offering self-directed brokerage options to their employees in 401(k)s and deferred compensation plans. Many of these plans allow for working with a third-party and independent money manager or financial advisor, such as Ciovacco Capital Management.